Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

There weren't very many good deals out there this year, but I braved the crowds anyway....twice. First Rusty and I set out around 7:30. We picked up Max's birthday present and a DVD recorder for me at Sam's Club. At Best Buy I got myself a new camera as well. It takes AMAZING pictures! So much better than the Kodak. Anyway, shortly after we got home I went back out with my mom. She wanted to go to Target and JoAnn Fabrics. I got a book and a movie at Target for Max and two cute Christmas decorations at JoAnn. A santa and a snowman that stand about 3 feet tall. I got them for more than 50% off so I figured I couldn't pass them up. They look great by the front door. Oh, also got Tim's birthday present at Best Buy. I wish I was rich though. There was so much out there I wanted to get, just can't do it this year. Not with just buying a new house.

After we finished shopping I made Buffalo Chicken dip (with turkey) for lunch. Rusty is so in love with it. I thought it was pretty good, but I made it a bit too spicy. Next time, less hot sauce. After lunch my mom and I put up the Christmas decorations. Usually I wait until December, but I figured since I had the help, now was the time. It looks amazing! I really love having the space to do things without having it all look cluttered. I got some pictures of the boys by the tree with my new camera. I'll post a few here, but I'm hoping to use one for our Christmas cards so I don't want to show them all. Also got a nice one of my whole family last night. It was long overdue, but we were never all together this summer. There was always at least one person missing.

On the non-holiday front, Alex officially moves to the toddler room on Monday. I'm pretty excited, just still not sure how naps are going to work out. He has to sleep on a nap cot rather than in a crib and I think they only take one a day. He can sleep in the baby room if he needs to, I just hope he transitions well. It's funny because I think I have first time mommy syndrome, only this is my second child. I was never so "worried" with Max. Cracks me up when I'm sane enough to think about it.

I guess that's about all I have for now. I start nights this week so either I'll be around more or less. Depends on how well I'm able to sleep during the day. I'll keep up though, I promise.

Here are the pictures and have a great night!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh that Christmas tree pic is Christmas Card quality! I Love it! You were brave heading out today, I agree the sales weren't too good so we just got a few things online. Glad you had a nice holiday!

Debbie said...

I agree w/Dawn - love that pic of the boys by the tree. Your new header is adorable too!! You are so creative ;)

Your hair has gotten long - great family pic!