Sunday, November 11, 2007

More pictures

So, I got the boys pictures back from daycare and they turned out great. Alex wasn't smiling, but unlike the last pictures, it actually looks like him. I bought at least one sheet of every sitting because I liked them so much. Now we are getting Christmas pictures soon so this time of year there is an overload. Anyway, I won't make you wait any longer, here they are....


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


See, I told you there were cute ;)

So, I think I missed a few things by not posting for the last week. First off, Alex got bit at daycare. There was another little boy who looked like he was going in for an open mouth kiss. The next thing anyone knew, Alex was screaming. His cheek was a bit swollen and definitely bruised, but that was 2 days ago and it's barely noticeable now. I feel horrible because when I heard Stephanie's voice on the phone I automatically assumed it was Max in trouble. Poor Alex got a good chuckle out of me because of the situation.

Hmm, what else. I guess maybe there wasn't that much. I was sick for the first few days of the week but the end of the week brought some awesome shifts for me at work. I am definitely starting to feel more confident, at least with patient care. I still have a lot to learn with charting, but fortunately I have a great group of people around to help me out.

Oh, now I remember, Alex had his one year well check-up on Monday. It went ok I guess. He is just a hair under 30" tall and weighs a hair under 20lbs. He is average for height and head circumference, but he is only in the 10% for weight. I'm guessing that's because he is so active. They'll just continue to watch it over the next 6 months at his next two appointments. If he doesn't catch back up they'll look into it further. Honestly, I'm none too worried because he eats great. He just doesn't sleep well and he's crazy boy. Always climbing on something. He had to get 4 shots but had no reactions so I was ok with that. He didn't take too kindly to being poked 4 times though. Poor baby screamed bloody murder to the point where I teared up because I felt so bad. His new doctor is not my favorite, but there is another in the practice that I think will be ok so next time I'll just make an appointment with him. They also did a Hemoglobin test on Alex because normally it's done at 9 months but we missed that appointment. It came back that he was slightly anemic so they drew blood for a CBC. Those results took two days to get back, but fortunately everything was normal except his hemoglobin. I won't treat him with iron drops though so I've made it my goal to get more red meats into him, but also start giving him baby cereal again at least once in awhile to try to get those numbers up. They'll check it again in 6 months.

Max is doing great at school, but he comes home tired almost everynight. I think he's playing way too hard for the amount of sleep he's getting, but if I put him to bed earlier, he wakes up earlier. I'm not sure how to remedy the situation. On Tuesdays he has Gym-n-it which is a tumbling class but they also learn a lesson. This week the instructor was sick and he was so upset about it. Came home depressed and everything. I love that he loves it, I just wish that "change" didn't bother him so much. He's going to grow up to stress over every little thing like I do.

Sundays lately have become a family affair. Tim and I love watching football, but last year and the one before, Max didn't like it and only wanted cartoons. We have him excited this year though and he'll sit and watch some of the games with us. He knows about the "Green Bay Packers" from hearing the announcers a few weeks ago, and he knows they are yellow and green. Yesterday during college ball there was a yellow team and he thought it was them. He's too funny. He knows about "Go Blue" and "Go Irish" and that he's a Lions fan!! Just this morning I taught Alex to do TOUCHDOWN and raise his arms over his head. He is napping now, but I'll have to get a video of it. It's so cute!

I think that's about all for now. I feel like I talk way too much sometimes and people will get bored before they get to the bottom of the post. I need to talk less and write more often. Hopefully after next week when I switch to nights that will get better.

For now, have a great week!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Cute pictures Angie! Now you just need to turn Max into a Tiger's and Red Wings fan. :)

Debbie said...

Love the pictures! I cannot believe they turned out so well from the school! Max's smile just melts me and little Alex, what a sweetie. He is the little firecracker in tiny package ;)