Friday, November 16, 2007

Rough week for me!!

First it started on Monday when daycare called and said Alex had a temp of 102.2. Tim couldn't leave work because he had people from the regional team in so that meant I had to. Still being in orientation, that didn't sit well with me, but what else could I do. I took him to the ped that afternoon thinking it was maybe another ear infection. They couldn't find anything wrong with him though. No ear problems, nothing in his throat or his lungs. It was a mystery. The next day he seemed much better and no temp in the morning so we sent him back. They kept him all day, but when I got there I was told he got a fever of 99.9 again. Fortunately while I was still there he woke up from a nap sweating. I appeared that the fever broke on its own. Luckily, that was the end of it, but he has been really clingy with everyone this week and that's adding to my stress level a little.

So, in addition to having to leave early on Monday, I had a bad day Wednesday. It felt really slow because I had students taking care of two of my patients so there wasn't much for me to do. Then I had a new surgery patient which was kinda nice because it kept me busy. However, I found out the next day that the students missed a bunch of charting and I "should" have been responsible, although that's not quite right since I'm still in training. Basically it was just brought to my attention so I would know what to watch for in the future. Yesterday was ok, but busy. Today was downright awful. Busy as all heck to the point where even the person training me was a bit flustered. That just got me twice as fluster. Everything got done, but I feel like I didn't know what I was doing and I was totally unable to manage my time which isn't a good thing.

To top off the whole crappy week, two of the shift coordinators called me into the office at 3pm. Basically they decided that I should take one more week on orientation because they don't want to put me out on my own until I feel more comfortable. Until this week I thought I was ready, but now I'm not so sure. I get to work days again next week instead of switching to night which is cool, but I'm not going to learn as much as they are hoping because there won't be many scheduled surgeries and that's what I need the most experience with.

Ugh!! Sorry for venting. I just feel like it has all been piling up and I need to get it out. On the bright side, Max has been pretty well behaved all week other than not wanting to pick up his toys before bedtime. At least there was one break for me. Now I just need to sleep for 2 days ;)

I have taken a few more pictures this week, but everything is still on the camera. Hopefully I can get them on here over the weekend. My parents and brothers are coming next week for the holiday so I want to get as much done this weekend as possible.

I am outta here for now. I want to spend some time with the boys before they have to go to bed. For Alex that has been early because of the time change!! Good Night!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hugs Angie - Life is a bitch sometimes! I know your doing great on your job; you are too hard on yourself! Glad to hear that Alex is feeling better. Hang in there!

Dawn said...

I'm sorry you had a rough week. I'd bet in a month you are an absolute pro at this new job! I hope the sickie germs can stay away now for awhile. You've had your share of them in your household.

Angie said...

Thanks girls!! It comes and goes which is odd, because yesterday and today have been good. I even cooked dinner and made breakfast this morning. How often do you hear that? ;)