Saturday, October 20, 2007

It has been a week for firsts

Today Alex started walking. Sort of. As the day went on he got steadier, but he tries to run so his head gets too far in front of his feet and he loses his balance quickly. He stands up completely on his own though. Once he started, we couldn't stop him. He actually went to bed early from the exhaustion of it all. Here is a video if you haven't seen it yet.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


He's doing great in his big boy bed, but we did have a rough couple of nights earlier in the week. Come to find out the poor baby has a double ear infection. I had to take him to a doc in a box because his temp was 102 and daycare wouldn't let him come back til he was fever free for 24 hours or cleared with something non-contagious. He is doing much better now that he's on antibiotics. Sleeping better too.

Max is loving preschool! He actually cried when I put him to bed last night because I told him he got to stay home with me for two days. He begged to go. Once I explained that they were closed and no one was going he was ok with playing with me. He's really doing well considering he is with 4 and 5 year olds. Not sure what made them put him in pre-K, but it was definitely the right decision. Everyone I talk to there loves him.

Tuesday he has his first field trip and I get to go with him. I'm pretty excited about that. We are going to a pumpkin patch that has a petting farm, hay rides, and lots of other stuff, plus he gets to pick out a pumpkin to bring home. Hopefully I don't forget the camera.

Work is going well. I think I'm really going to like it there, but I'm still not sure about the night shift. I don't have to start doing that until mid-November though. We'll see. If it doesn't work hopefully it won't be forever.

I guess that's about all I have for now. I'm still trying to get the house organized, but I'm much closer than I was so that's something. I'll be back again soon.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love the new pics and is that a sunflower border around the middle one?!?! NICE