Friday, October 5, 2007

I'm so bored

So I had to post again. I got a ton done tonight and am quite happy with myself. One thing I've forgotten to mention is my amazing neighbor, Alli! She is in the 8th grade and LOVES kids! She comes over almost every evening when she gets home from school and stays until her parents make her come home. She takes the boys outside, for walks, and plays indoors with them too. She's going to be an awesome babysitter if Tim and I can ever find time to go out alone. She was here tonight so I was able to rearrange a bunch of stuff and unpack several boxes. I'm hoping to get even more done tomorrow since she asked if she can come back.

The craziest part... She thanks me for letting her come over and play with the kids. Tim says its just odd for an almost high schooler to like kids so much, but I was the exact same way!! Until I discovered boys, and even afterwards reall, all I wanted to do was babysit and play with the little kids in the neighborhood. She has been a God send! She is really sweet and the boys both like her. Her parents are great too. We've met several neighbors but so far I like them best.

Max had an overtired meltdown tonight that made my blood boil. Normally I think I would have screamed and put him to bed with the door closed, but somehow I found the strength to deal with it. I made him put on his PJs and lay in bed while I put Alex down. I brought him his milk, read him a book and while tucking him in talked to him about how he behaved. I let him know he could have gone back down to play on his computer if he would have just listened the first time. I told him that I give him choices and he has to make the right ones. He seemed to get it so that was a good breakthrough. Really though, I think he just needed to go to bed because he was overtired. We had to shop again earlier for milk and stuff like that and he was pretty good, but you could tell when he was reaching the end of his rope.

I guess that's all I have to ramble about right now. Tim still isn't home from work and I just needed to have some adult (albeit one sided) conversation while I wait for him. Talk to everyone again soon!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

i'm listening to you Ang ;)

Angie said...

Thanks, Debbie!! Good to know I'm not alone ;)