Sunday, October 14, 2007

Alex's Big Milestone

Nope, he still doesn't have teeth, and he isn't walking yet. Although he is taking alot more steps than he was before so maybe soon!

He slept in a big boy bed last night instead of his crib! It's actually just two full sized mattresses on the floor, but he did pretty good. I ended up sleeping in there with him for most of the night, but only because his teeth were bothering him and he kept waking up screaming. This morning when he got up I taught him to climb out and crawl to our room. He was so excited!! He went down last night much better than usual as well which was actually my goal. He has a hard time putting himself to sleep in the crib, but on the big mattress he did great!

I hadn't planned on doing this so soon. Especially since he isn't even a year old yet, but it just seemed like the right thing to do, and so far it has worked. Of course it has only been one night. We'll have to see.

The boys finished their first week at daycare/preschool! Both seemed to do very well and neither cries when we drop them off or pick them up. Well, Max whines when I come pick him up, but only because he usually isn't ready to go yet. I'm so glad I decided to go with a center this time around. I really feel like it's going to be an awesome experience for both boys. Alex is still in the infant room and is doing surprisingly well. They do have to keep a close eye on him though because he pushed the stationary toys around to climb on things he can't reach. I think it's pretty funny. My mom found him on the kitchen table yesterday! I didn't think that was funny, but he climbs up on Max's chair and gets on the table that way. He definitely takes after uncle Bill, just like Max takes after uncle Rusty.

As mentioned, my mom and dad are here for the weekend. My dad has been amazing fixing everything that needed work. There really wasn't much, at least nothing major, but we are getting a new screen door in the garage, we have shelves in the toy room, and now none of the toilets leak! Yay!! My mom is great too. She organized and cleaned up the entire toy room. I can't tell you how grateful I was for that!! It has been something I wanted to tackle, but could never get the motivation. She has also been helping me unpack some of the miscellaneous boxes that are sitting around. We might just have this place in order soon. Each day it gets a little better.

My job is going ok so far. It really has just been orientation and classroom training though, so nothing too exciting. I've met a lot of really nice people so that has helped the time go by. Tomorrow I am on my unit. Probably just learning where everything is. Then a few more days of classroom before I go into full training mode. I'm soooo excited!

Max also has his first field trip coming up in a little more than a week. He's going to a pumpkin patch/farm place. I get to go with him!! Woohoo!! I have to meet with my boss for a few hours one day so I asked if she could do that morning and let me have the afternoon off and that was cool with her. I know I won't be able to do all his field trips, but I'm happy that I can at least go on the first one.

So, I guess I've been rambling for quite awhile now. I should get going. My parents will be up soon and then its time for breakfast. Everyone is still in PJs so I might start the dressing process. Talk to you soon!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

WTG Alex! I can't believe he is keeping up w/Trace in the big boy bed and climbing, lol, at a 1 1/2 year age difference!

Great your parents have been such a help!