Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another "first" for Alex

Although this one isn't a good one. Poor baby has his first double ear infection. Daycare called yesterday and he had a slight temp. Tim had to go get him by noon today because his temp was 102.6. Yikes!! We aren't able to take him back until he is fever free for 24 hours or a get a doctor's note saying it's an EI or something else not contagious. I decided to take him to an urgent care center since we don't have our insurance transfered to Indiana yet. Fortunately it wasn't a long wait, but they did find infection in both ears. The good news is that neither Tim or I has to call out tomorrow. Poor baby hasn't slept much in 3 days and I kept blaming all of his symptoms on teething. He's resting well now and will hopefully feel much better tomorrow after 2 more doses of his antibiotic.

Tim and I went to the BMV (car registration place) to register our vehicles and get new driver's licenses today. That was a fun hour and a half. Not too bad though considering it would have taken far longer in Virginia. At least we are both driving legally again. My van's tags expired at the end of September.

Work is going well and I think I'm really going to like it. I'm still in orientation for one more day, but I did have a shift and a half on my unit already this week. I like the people I'm meeting and I even met one girl from Bay City today. Talk about a small world. She went to Garber though and graduated a year after me so I'm not sure if we know any of the same people or not. I'll have to talk with her again!

Not much else to say other than I am dog tired!! Barely any sleep because of Alex for the last 3 nights and I'm getting up at 5:30 for work. I can't wait til the weekend!! Even if I see 7am, I'll be happy for the extra hour and a half. I'll update again when I have something new!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Aw, poor lil guy! Hope the antibiotics work quickly! Glad you love your job!