Friday, January 23, 2009

Another trip to the ER

And you guessed it, it was Alex again. He and Max were wrestling. Alex was the instigator as usual. Max finally got pissed off enough and shoved Alex. When he fell (I was on the computer and not watching) he must have landed on his left arm. He was favoring it like crazy, crying if I tried to touch it, and just basically freaking out. I called my mom and she said he definitely could have fractured it so off we went to the ER. Tim was still at work and not answering his phone, so all I could do was leave a message.

When we got there Alex was still obviously favoring his arm and not willing to let anyone touch it. They sent us to radiology for x-rays which was horrible and cool. Cool for Max because he got some neat stickers and was able to be in the room with us behind the glass. Horrible because I had to help hold Alex down while they manipulated his arm to get the pictures. Wouldn't you know, as soon as we were done and getting ready to head back to our room, he started moving his arm again and quit crying. I told the tech that he probably fixed it, but he said "NO way."

Sure enough, we got back and the doctor said there were no fractures that she could see. Being that he was using his arm at this point she said the tech probably manipulated the dislocation back into place when he was moving it around. Yay!!! Tim had called and was on his way so I had to call and tell him to just go home because we were on our way. I'm glad it was just dislocated, but dang, I am so sick of going to that hospital when it isn't for work!

I also got my hair cut today. It's pretty cute, much darker than normal, and very short. I couldn't get good pictures by myself and Max wasn't into helping, but here they are anyway...






Hope you like. I'm off to put the kids to bed now. Tomorrow we are heading up to Grand Rapids to see Uncle Bill, Uncle Rusty, and Krystle and mommy needs some rest!

5 comments:

Suzi said...

You should ask for a discount at the ER! The frequent patient club. You hair is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

BabiesandBargains said...

I love it! I wish I could go that short!

Angie said...

Thanks girls!

Suzi- you are so right. They should be paying me to bring my business there. Haha!

Manda, you could do it!! Mine has been long for a very long time but I so needed a change. Do it in steps if you have to. I bet it would be really cute!

Renee said...

I love your haircut Angie! It looks great.

You need frequent flyer miles to the ER. I am glad it was an easy fix for Alex. Might be time to put in the padded walls!

Dawn said...

Oh Angie I love the hair!!! It turned out really great.

Poor Alex, such a rough go. You definitely are keeping the ER's busy down there aren't you. NO MORE DARN IT!