Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here's your update

I now have rotavirus! I could shoot my kid. I know it isnt' his fault, but if he was able to take care of himself I wouldn't have had to and then maybe I would still be healthy. I had to call in sick at work tonight which really ticked me off. First of all, I was just off for 7 weeks. I don't want more time off. Secondly, I just don't want it to get me into trouble. My boss said I was fine on points though and she would much rather I not come in with something so contagious.

Alex seems to be doing better, but he still can't go back to school until his diapers are "normal." Probably sometime early next week. I on the other hand will be going back to work as soon as I feel better. Hopefully by Sunday night! Maybe even tomorrow although I doubt that.

We had Max's 5 year appointment the other day. He did great. He hasn't gained any weight in the last year, but he is getting taller. Because of his ADHD meds and activity level, we weren't really surprised by the lack of weight gain. The doctor gave us ideas to help get some extra fat into him. Butter everything, whole milk, stuff like that. I'm going to give it a shot. Anything to put a little meat on his bones. His vision was perfect, but his hearing was questionable. Makes me wonder if we waited too long to get him tubes when he was younger. It also could have just been wax in his ears, but we will go to an audiologist next week just to be safe. The doctor was very impressed with Max's vocabulary and the fact that he is reading as much as he can. He tries so hard to sound out all of the words, but there are already so many words that he just knows from seeing them. It made me feel pretty good to hear that it wasn't normal. Haha!

Anyway, seems like things in the Prime house may never get back to normal. I hope that isn't true because I'm ready for some normalcy again soon!

4 comments:

BabiesandBargains said...

Trev had rotovirus when he was a baby and I feel for you...He lost over a pound and was sooo miserable!

Kendra aka The Meanest Momma said...

Aw -- feel better momma! Max is quite a smartie!

Angie said...

Thanks girls!

I'm already feeling better today so it must not affect adults the way it does kids. I hope it's over because I'm going to attempt a 4 hour shift at work tonigh!

Debbie said...

Glad your feeling better!