Saturday, December 13, 2008

Party Weekend

I think I might be insane. I am driving 3 hours one way to my mom's extended family Christmas party today. While I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone, my children are insane. They have been wrestling and fighting (for fun) all morning and making me crazy. Two more hours til we leave and I'm not sure I'm going to make it. I am looking forward to them being stuck in car seats though!

Tomorrow is Max's 5th birthday party for his friends. We let him invite 7 just in case a few couldn't show up, but so far I have only gotten responses from 2 so it might be a very small party. Easier for me, but I feel bad because he was really looking forward to his friends coming over. I know he'll enjoy the two that will be here though. And with a little luck, a few will show that didn't RSVP.

I have a lot to pack up in the car right now, so I really should get to it. I have no idea what I'm going to wear yet as I still can't wear anything but sweatpants. I am not all that comfortable in jeans, but I swear I would be so happy to wear some now. It has been 3 weeks in sweats and I am getting really over them.

Not much of an update, but at least you know now why I haven't been around all that much. Too much to prepare for, not to mention Christmas right around the corner. Max is redoing his Christmas play this Wednesday and I volunteered to drive. I'm looking forward to seeing it this time without having to watch through a camera!

Happy Holidays and I'm sure I'll have some pictures to post soon!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Have fun and I hope Max has a great party!