Saturday, July 28, 2007

In South Bend

So, it was a long trip, but we are finally in South Bend with Tim. Today was a long day all around. We got up early and played for a little while. Took Max to grandma's so I could go to Sam's with my dad. We got there ok, but then he realized he didn't have his card. I needed to go to Walmart anyway so since it was right next door I headed there while he ran home to get his other wallet. Stocked up on baby food and diapers just in time to meet him back at Sam's. he still couldn't find his card so they gave us a temporary, but he had to run back to Walmart to buy a giftcard because neither of us had a method of payment that they would take. Yikes! It was a very good shopping trip though. When we got home I packed for the trip and then went back to pick up Max. All I wanted to do as I got on the road was close my eyes and take a nap. Obviously couldn't do that and now that I could go to bed, I'm pretty wide awake and wishing I had a pop. I might just have to run down the hall and get one.

Tomorrow we are going to the beach so I should have some pictures to share. Max is really looking forward to it and I think Alex would be too if he had any clue. He was crazy boy when we got here tonight. Crawling and cruising all over the room. Anything he could get into, he did. His new favorite thing to do is stand up on Tim's computer CPU and stick his fingers in the fan. Fortunately the blades are rubber so it doesn't cut him, but he thinks its funny so he keeps doing it. Crazy kid.

I don't have much new to talk about so I'm just kinda rambling. I called my mom tonight when we got here to let her know we made it safely. She said work called and wanted to see if I could cover a call off tonight. I know they were already down a person too because there was a shift I could have picked up, but I had no babysitter. Oh well. It's nice that they call alot though. I'm happy to pick up whatever they need me to. The money is great and I might just get out of the hole I've dug for myself the last month or so. My first paycheck paid back my brother, my mom, and paid for daycare. It's nice to have a little cash again.

I just called to check the messages at home and it looks like one person was supposed to show the house today. I really hope to hear something soon!! I'm really thinking since I'm happy with my new job the house will sell. Murphy's Law is always there for me. Why can't it work this time?? Every time my phone rings I pray it's our realtor telling us that someone has made an offer. I hear from a friend who lives in the DC area that the market is supposed to pick up soon. Hopefully she heard right.

Haha, I just thought of something else. Max has been saying some of the funniest things lately. He has dreams alot and definitely remembers them. Today he was talking about Underdog coming into his room and helping him fly out of bed. He also told Tim all about Shark Boy and Lava girl when we got here because he watched it today with grandma. But that wasn't the funny thing. He "borrowed" a doll from grandma's house. It has green long hair and a green toile dress. Kinda cute. He calls her his baby. He named her Evie after Jay and Kelly's baby. After he told me her name, he asked if Jay and Kelly got Evie from the hospital like we got Alex from the hospital. I told him they did. He said that hospital has good babies and can we go back there and get a sister. Not sure what has made him want a sister so badly, but this is the second or third time he has brought it up recently. I, of course, would love to give him one. Even better would be to give him another brother although I'm not sure he'd be happy with that. Tim cringes at the mention, though. He just says "whatever" and lets it drop. As much as I love my boys, and get driven crazy by them, I really do feel like we should have one more. I guess once things are more settled, we have a place to live, and Max is in preschool I can try working on him again. For right now, however, I've resigned to the fact that Tim is done. Or at least thinks he is. I can be quite persuasive since he really didn't want kids at all and I've already talked him into two.

So, I've talked about a whole lot of everything and nothing tonight so I should end here. Tomorrow will hopefully be more exciting!! Have a great night!

No comments: