Thursday, July 26, 2007

If your friends jump off a bridge.......

So, my friends all decided to start blogs and I decided it was probably a good idea for me to do too. Especially since my boys are doing so many new things each day and daddy is currently so far away. Maybe now we can keep track of who's doing what and when.

First off, Alex is 9 months old today. I cannot believe how fast time has gone by. It didn't seem to race like this when Max was a baby. I guess it's different when you only have one though. He started clapping a few days ago. I've been a little behind on letting him eat himself with small pieces, so I'm trying to catch him up. Whenever he hit his mouth I would clap and say YAY! The other day, he got a cracker in his mouth (that he found on the floor), turned to look up at me, and clapped his hands together 3 times. It was priceless to see the smile on his face. He does it now whenever he does something he is proud of. So cute! He is also climbing on everything! That is a new one for me. Max was a crazy walker and liked to get into everything, but he didn't climb until he was much older. Alex gets on things and then either falls down or cries because he realizes he can't get down. He still doesn't have any teeth which suits me just fine, but he sure does love to eat and I think it will open up a whole new world when he can finally bite and chew things. As good as he eats, though, he is a horrible sleeper. He won't go down unless you hold him to sleep, and he usually wakes up within seconds of being laid down. He takes approximately 2-3 30 minute naps per day and is up every two hours at night. I swear I'm going to pull my hair out soon.

Max is doing really well too. Although at 3 he is quite a monster. He loves to talk back, beat on his brother, and just get into general 3 year old trouble. I so look forward to him turning 4 because I've heard that's the magical age when they start to get a little bit better. He is riding a bike now pretty regularly, but he isn't too steady so I think he might use training wheels until he's 10. ;) He seems so lonesome most days which just breaks my heart. I almost wish sometimes that I had stayed in VA so he could go to daycare everyday and be with his friends. We've had a few occasions where he got to play with his cousin, Splendid, and he has such a good time. They really are a perfect pair. I look forward to the house selling so we can get into a new routine and maybe get him into preschool. He loves playing on the computer and is really good at most games on Nickjr.com and playhousedisney. I'm not very good at sharing with him though. He is amazing with his colors, shapes, letters, and most numbers. He is just now getting into wanting to trace letters and numbers in a book. I hope to get him writing soon, even if it's only his name. I feel like he's a bit behind there but he has never much liked to color or draw so he doesn't get much practice. He still loves books and wants to read or be read to all day long. He is getting really good at making up stories to sit and tell you also. Makes for fun bedtimes!

As far as the house goes, it's still for sale and we get a few lookers here and there. Nothing to write home about though because no one ever makes an offer. GRR! Tim and I have been living in separate states now since April and I'm just about over it. If we don't get a house and move back in together soon, I might just lose my sanity. While I'm waiting for all that to take place, I got a job at the hospital with my mom. I'm per diem since I will only be there temporarily, but I'm loving it. I'm learning quite a bit of new things which is awesome, but I still feel really overwhelmed because it is so different from the hospital I was at in Fairfax. I'm sure right about the time I finally figure out what I'm doing, our house will sell, we'll move, and I'll have to start all over again in Indiana. Them's the breaks I guess.

I think this is probably good for my first post. I'm getting sleepy and since Alex will be up to eat soon I should get to bed. I used to love keeping a journal when I was a kid and this is even better. Hopefully I can be a good girl and keep up with it. For the kids if nothing else! Night!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love your blog Angie!

Dawn said...

Yay Angie! Bad though because soon I'm sure yours will look tons cooler than mine. ;)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.