Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yes, I am a total slacker!

Sorry I haven't been around much. Not that I don't have anything to say, I've just been busy. Either working, sleeping, or playing with the kids.

This past weekend I headed up to my mom's for girls weekend. The Shock men and my dad all went hunting (sort of) up in Oscoda, so Liz, Sarah, Michelle, their kids, and my mom and I all got together to hang out. Michelle's oldest daughter goes to Northwood, my first college. They spent much of the weekend visiting with her, seeing the campus, and stuff like that, but we also went to a nearby orchard and the Tridge. The orchard is about 1 mile from my mom's house and I can't believe we have never been there before. It is an older couple that has owned the house/land for years. They also have bee hives and beautiful gardens on thier property. We got some frozen cider, donuts, and just sat around enjoying each other's company. The boys loved running around in the gardens and Max got to learn all about honey bees. He was scared to death, but would not leave the hive area because "I have to learn all about them, mommy!" It was so cute. He held my hand the entire time just shaking away. I bought a big bag of local apples for Tim and the boys (but I must admit I've eaten quite a few myself) as well as a 3lb jar of fresh honey for Tim with part of the comb in it. He was in heaven. I can't wait to go back there next year and hopefully get some pictures next time.

In the evenings after the kids went to bed we sat around watching movies and just hanging out. It was a very nice change of pace.

On the job front, I do have some new news. At least I don't think I've mentioned it yet. One of the girls that I work with who was just promoted to the 7p-7a postion decided to move to the Washington DC area. Since I am next in line as far as Labor and Delivery nurses go, I get to move into her spot. That means back to full time hours and full time pay. Plus I only have to work 3 days per week. I am soooo excited. I believe that schedule starts November 2nd. Alli has agreed to help us out with the boys on the nights Tim can't get home from work before I have to leave. My only worry is that she won't quite be healed enough when I need to start. We shall see as I just got the start date today and I haven't talked to her yet. I know she has a few friends who might be able to help out until she is given the all clear in December.

Hmm, other news. I finally got our professional wedding pictures back. A HUGE thank you to Wendy Bennett who did an amazing job. Here is the link to check them out if you are interested. Be warned, there are over 700 so it could take awhile. I have no idea how we will ever figure out which ones we want to have blown up for around the house.

I guess that's about it for now. I promise to try harder not to go so long in between posts. I'm sure it's not very excited to keep checking in and seeing the same stuff. Love to everyone!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Good post, sounds like you had a great weekend! Ry would love that honey too!

Jessie said...

I am glad that you were able to get the job! Good luck with it.

Also glad that you had fun last weekend. I know you needed it!

manda said...

OMG I LOVE the pics...You look great..The ones of the boys are priceless! Looks like you had a beautiful day!

Angie said...

Thanks everyone!!