Monday, September 8, 2008

Ninendo Wii

We finally got one. I've been talking about it for ages but they are never in stock when I'm thinking about it. Lately I've been down on my weight and activity level, so I decided now was as good a time as any. I picked it up Sunday and got Wii Fit as well. That will be my main game to play, but so far, as a family we have done a ton of bowling and a few other sports too.

Max is loving it. He has a hard time not turning his wrist when he throws the bowling ball, but we discovered where he needed to stand to hit the head pin. Now he's bowling over 100 almost every time. I need to get some video of his strike/spare dances. Yesterday he actually got a turkey!! 3 strikes in a row.

This morning was my first day of training with the Wii Fit. I did 30 minutes of cardio and 24 minutes of yoga. I am BEAT!! Definitely a workout but I feel better knowing I burned some calories today instead of sleeping all day or playing on the computer for hours on end. I'm hoping to meet my goal of losing 15lbs in 2 months. I figure if I can get to that point, it'll be easy to stick with it and make it part of my routine. Now if I could just get myself eating healthier I'd be set to go.

Speaking of eating healthier, Tim has been cooking more when he's home. Chicken, fish, stuff like that. Veggies and (hopefully) lower fat sauces. He uses a lot of lemon which is awesome. He knows I want to get healthier and is definitely on board to help. I'm sure he would love it if I'd stop buying junk food and start eating half the fruit that he and the boys eat.

I guess I don't have much else to talk about today. Max has the cutest finger story that he has been telling lately. I had him tell my mom and Chris over the phone, but it is so not the same as seeing it in person. I'm going to try to get some video of him telling the story so I can share it with all of you.

We are also working on "bettering" the house. We changed the boys' bedroom again, to the one further away from ours. Alex sleeps better in there so we are hoping that helps. The big bedroom will become a toy/TV room for when they wake up way too early in the morning, but don't want to head downstairs yet. It helped us get some of the toys out of the basement. They won't be getting a TV until Christmas though. That's going to be thier big gift. I'm just happy we can do this without actually putting the TV in their bedroom.

Opening up the basement a little, Tim decided to rearrange our sectional couch last night. The whole area seems so much bigger now. I love it!!

K, off to shower now and get ready for the afternoon. I want Tim to take me to lunch when he gets home from his conference call and then we'll have to go get the kids. Tonight is my first of 4 in a row, so don't expect to hear from me again very soon, haha!! Love to everyone!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats on the Wii and good job exercising! Go Max ;)

Heather said...

I am glad you are enjoying the Wii. It really is a good family activity.
Great job on the exercising!Keep it up-work thru the soreness :)

Autumn said...

There's so much fun (and pain) to be had with Wii Fit. The boxing dude kicked my butt for the longest time. My arms felt it for days. But, well, I haven't even turned it on since I started my new job in July. Yikes.