Sunday, July 5, 2009

I just realized...

That I never told the details of cutting off my finger and I'm sure people are wondering. I was slicing cucumbers on a mandolin that night, getting ready to leave for work. For some reason I knew I was getting close to needing to move my hand, but I didn't. The rest is history. I grabbed the phone and went to the sink. Called Tim first as I was running cold water on it. That just made the sting worse. I seriously thought I would die from the pain. Tim said keep pressure and eventually it would stop bleeding. Yeah, um, it didn't, no matter what I did. Called work (I was mandated off anyway, thankfully) and then my mom. She said it sounded like I would need to go in and have either gel foam put on to get the bleeding to stop, or silver nitrate. Wouldn't you know those were the two options the doctor offered. Luckily the foam worked and I didn't need the silver nitrate. At my mom's urging, I got the tip of my finger on ice and took it with me. The doc said it would make a great biological dressing if I let him sew it back on, but that it would not survive and would still turn black and die. Um, NO THANKS!! I opted not to go through having it stitched back on, but now I'm wishing I had. I didn't realize how painful it would be to have all those nerve endings exposed. I leave it open to air at home and cover it when I go out. Seems to be healing and the pain comes and goes. I'd rather it just go.

So, there you have it. The reason Tim doesn't let me cook, and keeps me away from all of his good kitchen stuff ;). I am a complete idiot when it comes to the kitchen. Lesson learned. It'll be a long time before I cut anything again!

We had an awesome 4th of July but those details will have to come tomorrow. I'm a day late and a dollar short with everything lately. There are tons of pictures, but they are still on the camera so I'm going to try to get to that tomorrow.

Have a good night!

No comments: